Desktop Support Engineer - Singapore
LMAX PTE Ltd
LMAX Exchange is a London Headquartered low latency electronic trading platform for FX trading. It was launched in 2010 and has grown rapidly to 120 people, now having offices in London, HK, New York, and Singapore.
We are looking for a talented Engineer to join our highly skilled global team working in the Singapore remote office. You will be the first technical hire on site and will need to have a solid understanding of desktop and server infrastructure and have the ability to work under your own initiative. Excellent customer service skills will be required in this roles as it will predominately be a Desk-side support role.
What you will be doing:
- Desktop support / Windows System Administration
- Working closely with the UK and HK office to provide support for multiple office environments
- Provide first level IT support (server, workstations, platforms)
- Monitoring systems to pro actively prevent issues arising.
- Install Configure and Maintain Windows computers / Operating Systems.
- Configuration, maintain and troubleshoot office equipment such as printers, IP Phones.
- Assembling, Installation, repair and troubleshooting of PCs, Laptops.
- Support the IT Team with any ad-hoc activities.
- Supporting client facing and internal office infrastructure with a variety of OS's and software.
- Responding to internal ticket requests.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self management and motivation to work within a small self managed team.
- Ability to understand business requirements and implement systems to these requirements.
- Approachable and keen to work with all staff within the business to ensure the company is running smoothly.
- Basic Networking skills with an understanding of routing.
- A fast learner willing to broaden their technical skillset.
- Windows Administration such as AD and Group Policies.
- Working knowledge of Kanban or agile methodologies.
- Degree level education and Professional certifications such as RHCE, MCSE, CCNA.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Windows server and desktops.
- Experience with databases on Linux such as MySQL or Postgres.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Configuration management systems, for example; Puppet, Chef.
- Knowledge of open source monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, OpenNMS).
- Linux Shell/Bash.