LMAX is looking for a talented Network Engineer to join our highly skilled team. We are looking for someone who has the will to broaden their knowledge in several IT fields from System Administration to Security. This position requires a candidate who is comfortable designing a solution in addition to developing and maintaining the current state. You will work very closely with the System admin and Infosec teams.
This role provides the opportunity to push networking to the edge of its capabilities and face the challenges of a low latency, high performance network. You will be involved in all aspects of the LMAX estate, reaching from design, installation, support, troubleshooting , tuning and dealing with vendors and customers.
The successful candidate will be passionate about Networks and Linux. They must be able to work on their own initiative in a fast moving environment with ever-changing business requirements.
- Implementation of network solutions to LMAX standard
- Support of network and firewall related incidents from production and corporate units
- Deliver projects based on a combination of Kanban, Agile and Devops methodologies
- Follow LMAX processes and adopt LMAX culture
- Genuine enthusiasm for Networks and Open Source.
- Positive, constructive and open-minded attitude. Self-motivated to deliver projects and business tasks.
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Practical approach to managing time and work load to ensure that tasks required are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ability to understand business requirements and implement systems to these requirements.
- Good documentation skills
- Strong and clear understanding for Routing and Switching: OSPF, BGP, LDP, MPLS VPNs, Multicast, Spanning-Tree.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP
- Firewall design / configuration / deployment. Primarily Palo Alto, Fortigate and Cisco ASA. IPSec VPNs.
- Data Centre experience and hands-on with hardware: installation, patching, fibre, cat5
- Linux experience essential.
- Contact with automation tools like Puppet or Ansible
- Contact with WAN optimization products like Riverbed or Silverpeak
- Knowledge of monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Observium)
- Scripting Bash and/or Python
- Good troubleshooting skills and usage of tcpdump/wireshark.