Junior Risk Analyst
The main responsibility will be to support market surveillance analysis, monitor counterparty risk exposure that the LMAX broker faces in offering its clients leveraged financial instruments (mainly FX) both at the individual client level and in aggregated level.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and analyse client trading positions
- Market quality analysis
- Client trading pattern analysis
- To keep abreast of market moves/news and announcements and how they impact client portfolios.
- Data analysis, Scenario/gap risk analysis and stress testing.
- Monitor LMAX broker net exposure relative to its Prime Broker limits and collateral requirements.
- Assist the risk team in delivering a consistent risk framework across the business.
- Track management actions from assurance reports and other control function reports.
- Participate in the production of regular risk reports.
- Participating to the review of the Risk Management Processes and internal policies.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and analysis.
- Daily risk reporting preparation and review with the necessary escalation of critical issues
- Cover the desk shift required including evening and weekends shifts
- Work closely with the following departments: Sales, Broker Operations, Exchange Operations, Development, Data management and Treasury
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Motivated, reliable and with a can-do attitude
- Keen to learn about risk management
- Comfortable to work under pressure
- Educated to undergraduate level
- Real interest in technology and trading
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment
- Good Excel and VBA skills and a strong numerate background
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Degree with major in Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, Economics, Risk Management preferred
- Database skill e.g. Python is a plus