About the Role:
The Network Engineer role provides the opportunity to push networking to the edge of its capabilities as we maintain a highly available, low latency trading environment. You will work very closely with the Sysadmin, Information Security, and Development teams to ensure business objective are met. You will be able to task manage yourself and work well with non-technical teams during customer onboarding.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Genuine enthusiasm for Networks and Open Source.
- Positive, constructive and open-minded attitude. Self-motivated to deliver projects and business tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Practical approach to managing time and workload to ensure that tasks required are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ability to understand business requirements and implement systems to these requirements.
- Good documentation and communication skills to communicate with a global team.
- Strong and clear understanding for Routing and Switching: OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, MPLS VPNs, Multicast, Spanning-Tree.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP
- Experience supporting multi vendor routing / switching environment (Arista, Juniper, Cisco)
- Firewall design / configuration / deployment. Primarily Palo Alto, Fortigate.
- Data Centre experience and hands-on with hardware: installation, patching, fibre, cat5
- Good Linux experience.
- Experience with OSS monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Observium, OpenNMS)
- Good troubleshooting skills and usage of tcpdump/wireshark.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience with Agile, and/or DevOps methodologies
- Exposure to scripting / automation Ansible, Puppet, Bash, Python, GIT.