LMAX Group is a FinTech company that designs, develops, builds and runs leading edge financial exchanges in major financial centres around the world, specialising in fiat and crypto-currencies.
We are looking for a full-stack BI Developer to join our growing Data Analytics team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced BI specialist to heavily contribute to the transformation of our Data Analytics platform, and the automation of our management information reporting landscape.
As a BI developer you will deliver reports and dashboards to internal and external stakeholders.
This will require operating across the whole data & analytics stack, from data discovery and profiling, to data extraction, load and transformation, to visualisation design and dashboards development.
For the solutions you deliver to be accurate, robust and supported, you will work closely with colleagues within the Technology and Data Analytics functions.
To ensure those solutions are relevant and effective at supporting decision making, you will build up business acumen and create strong working relationships with domain experts across the organisation.
The role will also involve a strong contribution to business process automation initiatives, wherever data & BI solutions are key to achieving the digitalisation objectives.
This should describe you
- You have an appetite to learn new technologies and to think outside the box.
- You are self-driven, eager to solve problems, and able to detect the actual requirements behind the solutions being requested.
- An analyst at heart, you relish increasing your business acumen and presenting information in a clear, concise and insightful manner.
You should have these key skills
- Strong communication and self-organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of a data visualisation platform (e.g. Power BI, MicroStrategy, IBM Cognos, Metabase, Superset,, etc..).
- Advanced SQL (ability to write complex queries).
- End to end BI solution delivery (data pipelines, database, dashboards & reports).
- An understanding of datawarehousing concepts and relational/graph database design.
- Relational databases creation in one of the following RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL).
- Python programming background in either a data analysis or application programming context.
- Strong grasp of software development principles, from design to testing, documentation and source control.
- Microsoft Excel.
You are interested in or may have these skills
- SQL-based data transformation frameworks (e.g. dbt).
- Big Data computing engines (Databricks, Sparks).
- Database modelling tools (e.g. Erwin, Oracle SQL Data Modeller, Toad).
- Web scraping.
- Cloud based datawarehouse environments (AWS Redshift, Snowflake).
- Java programming.
- Project coordination.
What you and the team will be doing
- Working closely with data and analytics leads to shape the future of our strategy.
- Working closely with all business stakeholders to understand their decision making information needs, and build automated solutions to support those.
- Creating a single source of truth to enable a self-serve analytics culture.
- Building data pipelines and analytics solutions.
- Collaborating with everyone in Technology to maintain high standards of reliability, performance, and re-usability of data and analytics components across our platforms.
- Creating solutions using software engineering best practices (version control, testing, continuous integration).
- Contribute to digitalisation and process automation projects where data & analytic solutions play a key role.