Head of Business Intelligence
We design, build and operate FX exchanges in London, Tokyo and New York - facilitating the exchange of over $20 billion a day of currencies between a wide range of customers, including most of the world’s top banks and other financial institutions.
We are also the home of the world's leading institutional Cryptocurrency exchange and have a best in class custodian system that secures our customer’s Cryptocurrency funds.
LMAX’s mission is to transform trading in the world’s biggest financial markets, bringing fairness, openness and transparency - creating a level playing field for all to participate. We are looking for people who want to help us change the game, not just play it.
About the Role:
The Head of Business Intelligence role is a new position created to address the developing information and decision support needs of a growing business. The role encompasses the development and execution of a pragmatic, agile BI strategy which will serve the needs of both internal and external information consumers, including key commercial decision makers, clients and regulatory bodies. Working alongside the in-house Development and Data Science teams, this role includes the assessment of existing management information solutions and practices, the proposal and development of the next iteration of our BI platform, and the development of information products as vehicles for client engagement and commercial growth.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Analysing existing information flows within the organisation and developing an understanding of the underlying goals and purposes of the current solutions.
- Refinement or redesign of existing information processes, and the development of BI solutions to deliver improvements in efficiency, time to market, information security and/or decision quality.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to validate and elaborate requirements and priorities.
- Planning, designing and implementing a future MI architecture to service the needs of a globally distributed team.
- Understanding processes and developing appropriate supporting BI solutions.
- Business process mapping, analysis and automation.
- Developing an understanding of risk, trading and market structure.
- Identifying opportunities to automate or replace existing routine and ad-hoc reporting processes.
- Acting as the authoritative source of for important unplanned information requests, such as evaluation of new business strategy, due diligence exercises, annual audits or regulatory investigations.
- Growing a dedicated BI team to service business demands and establishing effective interaction with other LMAX Technology disciplines
- Driving the ongoing uptake of data driven approaches to decision making
- A Maths/Science/Software background which has included statistical analysis.
- Commercial work experience including development/analysis of MI/DSS systems
- SQL and scripting languages
- Excellent knowledge and experience with development of BI solutions
- Experience of Data analysis and presentation using multiple tools
- Excel/Calc spreadsheet skills
- Development skills using for example Python/Perl/PHP
- Experience or knowledge of the finance industry
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with a range of stakeholders in the business.
- The ability to show initiative in the workplace.
- The ability to pick up new systems and processes quickly.
- Have a thorough and methodical approach.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Software development using Java