Payments and Reconciliation Analyst
This is a broad role within the Treasury team supporting the day to day operations of the business. This role will primarily provide support to the - Treasury Payments Supervisor with the processing and validation of payments and client money, as well as supporting the wider Treasury team with providing first line Treasury support to aid back office processes and planning & operations whilst ensuring that principles and controls for risk management are adhered to and monitored.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing daily client and company inventories across the Group.
- Daily and Monthly KPI monitoring and escalation.
- Ensuring adherence to LMAX’s principles and controls for risk management, TCF and CASS and highlighting any potential/risks of breaches.
- Calculating and raising necessary client money and intercompany funds transfers
- Performing day to day reconciliations of broker position. Including:
- Performing reconciliations for all LMAX Group entities.
- Resolving issues as they appear, communicate issues to Treasury and escalate when necessary.
- Payments across multiple entities using a TMS system and banking portals.
- Ensuring the following tasks are complete on a daily/monthly basis:
- Payments processing including card deposits and settlement investigations
- Ensuring all payments and inventories are validated and cleared
- Ensuring that all client money is reconciled daily
- Provide support for month-end accounting
- Payment provider reconciliations and related investigations
- Calculating and reporting KPIs
- Provide weekend on call cover per rota
- Staying up to date with developments across the business, work with other teams and communicate to Treasury & Finance any potential impacts.
- Other ad-hoc Treasury & Risk requirements and projects.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Business Fluency in written and verbal English.
- Diligence and attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Performance driven and results orientated with a strong bias for action and outcome. Strong problem solver.
- Confident and proactive in communicating with people at all levels and working as part of the team.
- Advanced level Excel including basic level understanding in VBA
- Excellent organisation skills
- Responsible, self-motivated, pro-active & assertive
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal diplomatically with challenging stakeholders
- Ability to manage and prioritize a busy workload and to remain calm under pressure
- Finance or numerate based degree.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of leveraged financial trading, swap products and cryptocurrency (Digital assets)
- FCA CASS rules and adhering to TCF guidelines
- Understanding of payment processing (CHAPS/SWIFT) is preferred