Senior Financial Accountant- EMEA and Americas
Rapidly expanding global financial services business is looking to hire in their expanding Finance team. The Senior Financial Accountant will be working closely with the Finance Manager and Head of Finance. The successful individual is expected to be from a strong financial controls background with exposure to implementing robust process efficiencies and balance sheet control.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Given this is a small, growing team there is excellent flexibility and autonomy as to how responsibilities are divided between members of the Finance team, however, specific areas of responsibility are likely to include:
- Prepare the revenue postings of the designated entities and reconcile the underlying balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and review monthly P&L and balance sheet reconciliations and ensure all discrepancies are resolved in a timely basis.
- Implement strong financial control processes to ensure all balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled each month in Blacklines on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly accruals for larger Group entities for management accounts.
- Ensure all month end journals are hard posted into the finance system (SUN/Vision) and ledger, which includes approving journals raised by other members of your team.
- Review accruals, prepayments and journals prepared by junior members as part of month end.
- Provide variance analysis for actual spend vs budget/reforecast for month end reporting and management accounts.
- Liaise with the Group external auditors and regional external/internal auditors to ensure deliverables are ready for the statutory audit.
- Prepare the statutory financial statements under IFRS and local GAAP for the Group and subsidiaries.
- Assist in preparation the corporation tax packs and liaise with the tax advisors of the Group and the subsidiaries (if required).
- Assist with the transfer pricing Group policy and calculations for the intra Group recharges.
- Be the first line approval for AP/purchase order system (SAP Concur Invoices and Expenses) including approving spend for the designated entities.
- Oversee the Credit control function for the Group.
- Review Trade debtors and creditors ageing and ensure all items are resolved in a timely basis.
- Manage the junior members of the Finance team and regularly review their performance against agreed KPI.
- Ensure the Group accounting policies are documented and in compliance with the latest Accounting Standards.
- Ensure the timely submission of ad hoc returns for the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Support the FP&A team in setting up opex and cash forecasting for Group entities.
- Provide cover colleagues in their absence.
- Other ad-hoc tasks and projects as required.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualified.
- Strong financial control and/or audit experience.
- Prior experience in Financial Services is essential, specifically in FX Brokerage or Exchange is desirable.
- Experience with automated balance sheet reconciliations, preferably using Blackline.
- Prior experience of managing other members of the team.
- Ensure sound control over the financial data across the group, including reviewing work of the accounts assistant where necessary
- Well, acquainted with Microsoft suite of products and proficient in Excel (data connections, VBA/ design and edit macros)
- Working knowledge if SunSystems and SAP Invoices is desirable.
- Ability to analyse and interpret large data set
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Ability to plan, implement and administer financial information and control systems
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding/ working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, with motivation to apply them
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills