Rapidly expanding global financial services business is looking to hire for this newly created and exciting role. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will take on a variety of responsibilities. The position has a compliance emphasis, though includes broader elements of finance and advisory across the LMAX Group.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Given this is a small, growing team there is excellent flexibility and autonomy as to how responsibilities are divided between members of the Finance team, however, specific areas of responsibility are likely to include:
- Manage the relationship with external tax service providers, submitting tax information at year ends, and being first reviewer of the computations prepared.
- Prepare the quarterly VAT/GST returns for the VAT Group and overseas entities.
- Review and submit the annual PSA returns for the UK entities.
- Review the tax amounts carried in entity ledgers and maintain the consolidated deferred tax entries.
- Manage the R&D calculation, and group relief position.
- Support finance colleagues to resolve tax authority audits or statutory auditor reviews, particularly where they concern transfer pricing or international tax issues.
- Ensuring the timely submission of tax returns and ad hoc returns for the Group and its subsidiaries like the ONS, CRS, and other returns.
- Maintain the Group’s Transfer Pricing (TP) model, from reviewing the regular inter-company recharges and calculations which lead to the raising of TP invoices through to reviewing and updating the group’s methodology to keep pace with the business and advising on emerging risks and opportunities.
- Maintain policies and procedures (with associated controls) governing transfer pricing and oversee their implementation.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve material international tax risks on a timely basis.
- Manage the tax payment position for the Group and for all entities with liabilities overseas.
- Be a key contributor to setting group’s tax strategy and scaling the tax function as the business grows (i.e. M&A deals or restructuring, through to new products or jurisdiction assessment and approvals).
- Ensure that corporation tax payments were correctly recorded and accounted for and HMRC has correct details for all group companies (accounting period end, whether active, etc)
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure that new entities acquired or incorporated were properly reflected in tax accounting (typically at least once per quarter).
- Be primary contact for tax matters, assisting other departments to handle employment tax queries, and/or get involved in VAT reporting and compliance.
- Processing journals into the finance system (SUN/Vision) and approving journals raised by other members of your team when required.
- Other ad-hoc tasks and projects as required
- ACA/CTA qualified/part qualified
- Likely an experienced UK corporate tax generalist
- Experience with both current and deferred taxes
- Wider tax experience (e.g. international/indirect) advantageous but not essential
- Financial services experience is advantageous.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in verbal and written English
- The right to work in the UK permanently is required
- Can demonstrate end to end ownership of complex projects with many stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and a strong bias towards action.
- An ambitious, proactive team player who feels accountable for the delivery of an assignment and contributes to a great team spirit.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment