Senior Desk Escalation Engineer (Senior Service Desk)
The Service Desk Escalation Engineer role is placed within the Technology, Service Desk team with the primary objectives to provide 1st and 2nd line technical support for all departmental IT applications, business services and end-user computing, and to drive improvements to the user facing services we offer. The candidate will also work closely with the Service Desk Manager, providing support and assistance as we work jointly towards achieving goals and objectives. As the Service Desk team is the first point of contact for all Technology related queries, it is imperative that the support provided by the role holder, and general customer services are excellent. In addition to excellent interpersonal skills, solid, all-round technical knowledge, understanding of the ITSM related processes as well as exposure to project management will be key to succeed in this role.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role, supporting corporate business, accustomed to corporate environments
- Experience of service desk system ServiceNow
- Excellent interpersonal skills, can-do attitude, focussing on customer satisfaction
- Act as escalation point for 1st line support, providing guidance, training and technical assistance
- Act as trusted deputy to the Service Desk Manager, facilitating project plans/execution and achieving strategic objectives
- Participate in and management of the on-call rota for the team
- Process and procedure driven
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Task management and prioritisation, adhering to SLAs and KPIs
- Solid knowledge of computer hardware and troubleshooting hardware-related incidents
- Solid knowledge of Operating systems (Windows desktop, Windows server and Linux) and related software packages
- Solid knowledge of Office 365, Azure AD, Microsoft Intune
- Understanding of print servers and printers
- Knowledge of telephony (Mobile and VOIP)
- Experience supporting mobile devices and MDM applications
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Working knowledge of Kanban or agile methodologies.
- Degree level education and Professional certifications such as RHCE, MCSE, CCNA.
- Experience with databases on Linux such as MySQL or Postgres.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking and PaloAlto firewall
In return, and for the right candidate, LMAX offers an exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking, inclusive, entrepreneurial financial services company, supporting and facilitating individual career goals with a focus on corporate social responsibility and employee engagement.