Strategic Partnerships Analyst
LMAX Group is a global financial technology company and the leading independent operator of multiple institutional execution venues for FX and crypto currency trading. The Group’s portfolio includes LMAX Exchange (institutional FX exchange and FCA regulated MTF), LMAX Global (FCA and CySec regulated brokers) and LMAX Digital (GFSC regulated institutional spot crypto currency exchange).
Our mission is to create a level playing field for all participants in the world’s biggest financial markets, through transparent, precise and consistent execution, based on robust trading technology.
We are looking for people who want to help us change the game, not just play it.
LMAX Group fosters inclusive recruitment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer as we welcome everyone to our team. We encourage people of colour, women, people from LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities to apply. Please let us know if you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process.
About the Role:
This role will join the Strategic Partnerships / Market Data team. They will work on a variety of organic and inorganic initiatives; new business ideas, partnerships, strategy, acquisitions, and investments across the full LMAX Group, globally spanning FX, Crypto and any future products launched.
The individual should be a self-starter and driven with the opportunity to shape new initiatives that LMAX Group undertakes and establish themselves as a key driver of critical business development. Developing internal and external relationships and views on market structure development.
You will be expected to directly contribute to the company’s success and decision making by providing research and analysis for existing businesses and potential new business ideas. Undertaking research, market sizing, scenario analysis and modelling. Managing initiatives across the stages of initiation, development of the rationale and business case through approvals to management of execution and integration. Including helping LMAX Group drive and grow market data revenue, analysing the competitive landscape and how LMAX Group should position and market itself.
You will be expected to work self-sufficiently but also working closely and partnering with multiple internal teams within LMAX Group, including business heads, liquidity management, sales, technology, finance, and other groups. Over time you will build your own contacts in the market, gathering competitive intelligence and initiating and developing your own ideas, initiatives, and projects.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Development of new strategic initiatives – market sizing, development of the business case, scenario analysis, competitive intelligence, structuring, and delivery.
· Liaising closely with various internal teams, as required, including business lines, liquidity management, Sales, Marketing, Operations, IT/Development and Finance
· Work with market data sales and the business leads to develop and roll out to existing and new clients a commercial plan for market data as part of the optimisation of overall revenue.
Success Looks Like:
1. Accurate, clear, comprehensive, and thoughtful rationales and analysis, successful delivery of new business initiatives and partnerships.
2. Increased market data revenue without compromising underlying business, systematic market data process.
3. Develop an in-depth knowledge of the company, culture, capabilities, and products.
4. Develop external relationships and contacts, identify and drive new strategic initiatives.