Legal and Regulatory Associate
About the Role:
We are on the lookout for a highly motivated Legal and Regulatory Associate to join our team. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years PQE working in the legal sector or in an in-house role in financial services /capital markets, with a sound understanding of the legal and regulatory landscape in which LMAX Group operates, as well as a proven track record of providing effective legal and regulatory advice to a variety of stakeholders. This role is open to both UK and EU applicants.
Typical work includes providing non-contentious advice on the scope of the UK and EU’s regulatory perimeter; the application of EMIR and MiFID 2; the FCA and ESMA rules and principles; the Market Abuse Regulation and Brexit related issues. In addition, the individual may be required to undertake research tasks relating to international regulatory landscape and provide regulatory expertise to various entities and departments in LMAX Group.
The successful candidate will be joining a fast-growing company with a dynamic and vibrant working environment, and will need a positive attitude with a desire to get involved with a broad range of matters.
The individual is responsible for:
- Provide legal and regulatory guidance to the company on a wide range of legal and regulatory issues affecting LMAX Group trading venues and investment firms, including compliance, governance, and risk management.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including senior management, business units, and other departments, to provide legal and regulatory advice and support on various projects and initiatives.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant laws and regulations, and provide guidance on their impact on the company's operations and business objectives, in particular those affecting LMAX Group trading venues.
- Assist with the development and implementation of compliance policies, procedures, and training programs.
- Review and draft legal documents, including contracts, agreements, and other legal instruments.
- Represent the company in legal and regulatory matters, including investigations and enforcement proceedings.
- An UK, EU, US or other common law jurisdiction qualified lawyer with 2 - 4 years post qualification experience in UK financial regulation, either in a law firm or in an in-house role. Experience in US CFTC regulations and/or in distributed ledger technology/cryptocurrency a bonus.
- Sound understanding of UK and EU financial services regulation, including EMIR and MiFID 2.
- Enthusiasm and a genuine interest in financial regulation
- Experience in intellectual property law and/or dispute resolution a bonus.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills
- Business proficiency in an additional language (Dutch, French, Spanish, German, Japanese) preferred but not requisite
- Self-confident, proactive, pragmatic approach to tasks and projects
- Highly enthusiastic and self-motivated
- The ability to interact and build relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually