Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Assistant
About the Role:
This is a vital role within the Finance team that shall be primarily responsible for accounts payable and receivable. Specific task shall include activities such as invoice processing, payments, payables ledger management, staff expenses processing, company credit cards administration and assisting the credit control functions. The person shall also be required to assist in month-end close and other adhoc tasks during annual audit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Processing supplier invoices and payments on the Accounts Payable system, manage AP inbox & supplier relationships across the Group.
- Maintaining supplier master in Concur, creating new suppliers and managing supplier ledger for all the LMAX entities in SUN systems.
- Producing ageing creditors report on monthly basis and preparing reconciliations on blacklines.
- Processing staff expenses and corporate credit card claims using Concur Expense Management system.
- Preparing bank posting for supplier payments and maintaining bank reconciliation for AP bank accounts.
- Ensuring data efficiency by methodical & accurate data entry into systems & record keeping of accounting & support files.
- Responding to queries both internal and external in a timely manner.
- Extending support to the finance team for preparing journals into the finance system (SUN/Vision)
- Supporting the team during the annual financial audit
- Working closely with the Finance Assistant ensuring that all elements of Accounts Payable are completed in time.
- Liaising with various budget holders across the Group to query out of budget spend and seek relevant approval.
- Working closely with other departments within the Group to ensure the smooth managing of the supplier relationships.
- Monitoring AR Ledger, invoice allocation and chasing outstanding debts
- Issuing regular aged debtors report
- Reconciliation of the customers’ account on regular basis
- Customer payments allocation
- Documenting procedure notes to formalise the processes.
- Providing support to the line manager and wider team to improve process and efficiencies.
- The individual will also be tasked with assisting other members of the Finance team in ensuring sound control over the financial data across the group where deemed necessary.
- Assisting on any ad hoc tasks and projects as may be required.
- Good understanding of basic accounting concepts and double entry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft excels including basic functions such as XLookUp, Pivot tables, SUMIF formulas.
- Must be a fluent communicator in English with aptitude to be able to resolve internal stakeholders and external supplier queries.
- Diligence and attention to detail while managing workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills
- Studying towards a professional accounting qualification e.g AAT, ACCA and a recent accounting graduate.
- Prior experience in accounts payable function in fintech or capital markets industry.
- Experience in using SUN systems and Concur Invoice & expense management.
- Advanced excel skills and sound accounting knowledge