Treasury Payment & Reconciliations Analyst (Hours: 1pm to 10pm)
LMAX Group is a global financial technology company and the leading independent operator of multiple institutional execution venues for FX and crypto currency trading. The Group’s portfolio includes LMAX Exchange (institutional FX exchange and FCA regulated MTF), LMAX Global (FCA and CySec regulated brokers) and LMAX Digital (GFSC regulated institutional spot crypto currency exchange).
Our mission is to create a level playing field for all participants in the world’s biggest financial markets, through transparent, precise and consistent execution, based on robust trading technology.
We are looking for people who want to help us change the game, not just play it.
LMAX Group fosters inclusive recruitment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer as we welcome everyone to our team. We encourage people of colour, women, people from LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities to apply. Please let us know if you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process.
About the Role:
This is a broad role providing first line Treasury support with the key purpose being to undertake a variety of tasks to aid back office processes and planning & operations whilst ensuring that principles and controls for risk management are adhered to and monitored.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Perform day to day reconciliations of broker position. Including:
· Raising payments across multiple entities using a TMS system and online banking portals, whilst ensuring all payments are accurately raised and released in a timely manner
· Resolving payments queries, i.e. Recalls, Tracers and Rejections both internally and externally
· Performing reconciliations for all LMAX Group entities including LMAX Digital.
· Resolve issues as they appear, communicate issues to Treasury and escalate when necessary.
· Building and maintaining macro and other excel spreadsheets for reconciliations.
· Calculate and raise necessary client money and intercompany funds transfers
· Act as the key contact for payments and develop good working relationships with internal and stakeholders.
· Stay abreast with other teams and communicate to Treasury & Finance any potential impacts.
· Other ad-hoc Treasury & Risk requirements and projects
· To ensure that LMAX’s principles and controls for risk management, TCF and CASS are adhered to and highlight any potential/risks of breaches.
· Working with Treasury Operation Analysts to ensure all client related queries and audit requests are dealt thoroughly and providing cover as required.
· Maintaining through regular updates a sound understanding of the risks and controls associated with their role and subsequently utilising this knowledge to follow and enforce all agreed procedures to ensure risks are minimised across the payment processes and within the team as a whole
· Work covering Monday to Friday with occasion weekend on-call and UK bank holiday work
· Ensure the following tasks are complete on a daily/monthly basis:
· Payments including client withdrawals, settlements and inventory management
· Payment provider reconciliations and related investigations
· Client money Equity reconciliations across all trading platforms and venues
· Calculating KPIs
· Calculating rebates, interest payables/receivables statements
Essential Skills / Experience:
· Business Fluency in written and verbal English.
· Diligence and attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment.
· Performance driven and results orientated with a strong bias for action and outcome. Strong problem solver.
· Confident and proactive in communicating with people at all levels and working as part of the team.
· Advanced level Excel including basic level understanding in VBA
· Excellent organisation skills
· Responsible, self-motivated, pro-active & assertive
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal diplomatically with challenging stakeholders
· Ability to manage and prioritize a busy workload and to remain calm under pressure
· Prioritising workload in a busy environment supporting multiple business units, taking initiative and responsibility for own actions by planning ahead and multi-tasking where appropriate
· Work covering Monday to Friday
Desirable Skills / Experience:
· Knowledge of leveraged financial trading and cryptocurrency (Digital assets)
· Understanding of payment processing is preferred