About the Role:
The Office Coordinator - Receptionist will be responsible for a variety of functions critical to the development of the Company and the smooth running of our new office located on the 76th floor of One World Trade Center. Detail is key, you will need to draw on your multi-tasking and organizational abilities with a level of autonomy to make your own in this client facing, varied role. Based on reception in New York, the position will report into the Office and Facilities Manager based at our global HQ in London.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the office environment and aesthetics
- Liaising with the building landlord, security and cleaning
- Organising the office layout, supporting on desk moves and the procurement of furniture as needed.
- Maintaining supplies of stationery and office consumables
- Responsible for Goods-in/Goods-out (postal duties and couriers).
- Arranging social functions, including organizing lunches, and meeting room set up
- Arranging business travel and accommodations for the US team
- Greeting clients and visitors as needed
- Manage credit card statements and monthly expense report
- Manage company taxi accounts
- Assisting the Office and Facilities Manager with various projects such as, but not limited to:
1. Organizing and implementing planned preventative maintenance and dealing with reactive works through our dedicated contractor.
2. maintaining and organising first aider/fire warden training and ensuring certificates are up-to-date
3. Reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed
- Confident communicating with people at all levels
- Positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and excellent client-facing communication skills
- Ability to remain confidential and professional at all times
- Good people skills and judgment
- Ability to manage a busy workload and work under pressure
- Assertive and innovative to ensure continually improving support
- Good technology knowledge on hardware (printers, photocopies and fax machines)
- Excellent grasp of the English language, both written and verbal, second language desirable but not essential
About LMAX Group
Headquartered in London, LMAX Group is a global financial technology company and the leading independent operator of multiple institutional execution venues for FX and crypto currency trading.
The Group’s portfolio includes LMAX Exchange (institutional FX exchange and FCA regulated MTF), LMAX Global (FCA and CySec regulated brokers) and LMAX Digital (GFSC regulated institutional spot crypto currency exchange).
With 11 offices worldwide, LMAX Group builds and runs its own high performance, ultra-low latency global exchange infrastructure which includes matching engines in London, New York, Tokyo and Singapore. LMAX Group services and facilitates the exchange of currencies between a wide range of customers spanning 100 countries, including leading banks, asset managers and retail brokerages.
LMAX Group is a leading industry player, demonstrating consistent high growth and profitability. Uniquely positioned to offer both FX and crypto trading, the Group is transforming the future of capital markets and shaping the evolving crypto currency ecosystem.
Our mission is to create a level playing field for all participants in the world’s biggest financial markets, through transparent, precise and consistent execution, based on robust trading technology.
We are looking for people who want to help us change the game, not just play it.